Thursday 10 February 2005

雨中韵

Remember I said I'm going to try writing something? Well, just did :) Check out 雨中韵 for infrequent doses of short stories.

Here's a (rather awkward) translation of the description:

"Melody in the Rain
It exists, if you would only believe, if you would only let it come to you..."

And the foreword:

"Have you ever tried listening to the rain falling, all by yourself?

One day many years back, I happened to witness a heavy downpour. The raindrops sped past the window onto the ground 14 storeys below, looking like snowflakes as they fell and merged with the water puddles.

That's the first time I actually heard the melody in the rain, which is sometimes light and floaty, and sometimes sad and moody. Later, I realised that the melody actually originated from within myself; the rain was but a catalyst, a rhythm of the melody. Since then, be it rain or shine, the music stayed with me, and inspired the many passages that donned the backpages of my JC lecture notes.

After four years in the UK, I've almost forgot what rain meant to me, and I've completely forgot how to sift out the music in the rain.

This virtual 'Melody in the Rain' is an ocean where I'll collect bits of life. As I swim through the lives of my characters, I'll experience all that I could not possibly do in my lifetime. It may be beautiful, it may be sad, but it will spice up my uneventful life.

I hope to put together my daily happenings and whatever I could think of in a mental picture, which I'll then translate into words.

If you're roaming in your virtuality, perhaps our worlds might intersect one day, and we could share our stories.

Hence I wish."


PS:Oh, realise Ash Wednesday is this Fri.. Apparently, the church moved it cos of CNY. That makes today Pancake Tuesday! I'm not a believer but I used to make pancakes on this day for fun :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't translate everything I wrote; the translated foreword was just an intro..

    But you're learning Chinese, not? Could this be a practice text? :p

    ReplyDelete