Sunday 27 February 2005

Smells

Read Na's blog on senses, was commenting but realised it got very long. So I post!

She decided if she die die had to give up one sense, it would be smell cos she wants to see, hear and touch. Losing smell is like losing taste since they're related but with the additional advantage that she doesn't have to smell garbage etc.

I choose to give up taste - I'll lose weight :p But smells! I think it's worth smelling shit once in a while in exchange for all the sweet smells there are.

There are times, in totally random situations, when random smells floating by will remind me of certain incidents, certain places, certain people, certain periods of my life. These smells are usually sweet, scents and fragrances. Like bacon and sausages, which reminds me of college food. Not that college food was great, but it was a wonderful time..

Then sometimes, even sewage smells (ok the less jia lat kind!) can bring back memories of Sun mornings with my paternal grandmother at the market, having nasi lemak and tea in a saucer - she used the cup and poured me a little and I lapped at it like a kitten - before heading to the swing for some fun. We would head home before 9 so I could catch Smurfs or Care Bears etc.

Ok, it's almost time to morph into Sun couch potato now.. I shall leave you with one last bite: with my sense of smell intact, I can tell when I really need to take a shower! Ha! I'm disgusting :p

No comments:

Post a Comment