Sunday 20 February 2005

Girls' night out

The girls finally met up last night! We adjourned to Balaclava for post-dinner drinks and planted ourselves on a cosy couch. The first drinks, all cocktails, were all yucks! We had to Cai quan to finish the drinks and that also motivated the two pints of Hoegaarden :p

Don't play play, HL very good at the game ok! I kept drinking at her call and somemore always from the same trick. Even committed suicide countless times calling nothing while showing five, and once calling SIX after HL's five, stupid! Think Na held record for longest row of forfeits - five or six, my work, heh heh :) SY drank often cos of HL (and her slightly delayed reaction, but she's very fast when it's her turn to call!).. HL seemed to drink the least so the onus was on SY to make her drink - at one point, she managed to make HL drank four or five times in a row, yeah!

Then to make things interesting, we modified. Use Mandarin. Not enough challenge? We played 2s then 3s instead of 5s. Ended up with some weird combinations of two fingers and five fingers showing at the same call! And our fingers became twisted and actually vulgar, especially with 2s :p Think we were pretty dazed before the second pint's up..

I think no one else was playing beer games. So Na was saying if people around us thought we were some chao ah lians, well they wouldn't imagine we were two civil servants, a teacher and a highly paid MNC exec, all holding degrees (eh got first class hons ok) to MSc to postgrad dip lor! Kek, and we laughed to ourselves :p

Later when Ker called to ask about KTV, I wanted to sing so much! Last I went KTV was Nov, record length already.. And CY couldn't make KBox lunch earlier.. But Na not going, and I have SY to share cab with, no motivation la..

Anyway, at that moment, we were cuddled, HL and SY on couch, Na and I on table, head in a bundle, sharing oh-so-gossipy stuff about four or five persons. Juicy news, weird stuff, all the whats, whys, whos and how-comes. More significantly, a long kept past incident (not exactly secret la) was laid open on the table and phew, feeling was great, though it wasn't even about me!

Oh, SY was saying my entries were getting incoherent lately and Na commented some time ago that my Chinese has so gone downhill.. Hmmm, I actually feel the same way! But hey, isn't the random streak in mf one of her most charming assets?? Oops, being narcissistic again :)

4 comments:

  1. hee, that was good clean girly fun last night! haven laughed myself so silly for a long long time.

    thanks for the great time girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still tink HL was freaked out by us. hahahah....

    SY: there's still one more thing that i haven't told you; the one that i told mf the night the chinese kept you. see my mood den say.

    ya agree that mf is realli *toot* in this game. MSc my foot!

    SY: can access my blog already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, na, makes me wonder wat other dark secrets u have!

    have seen ur blog from home, but dunno why my freaking lappy in the office can seem to load the page! darn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya fun fun! Nvm my hand-mind incoordination..

    SY: It's not dark la, just whether can take it or not :p

    ReplyDelete