Saturday 19 February 2005

"Rabu rabu" - L.O.V.E (Japanised :p)

Was chewing on the topic of love over sms on Mon. Not sure if 14 Feb brought it up or the topic just happened to pop up..

Friend posed a question: being in love with the idea of love and pining for true love, are they one and the same or two vastly different feelings?

I thought they are subtly different. Former can be because of latter but latter needs not be in love with the idea of love. Or is it former needs not be pining for true love??

Ok I answered that at 130am, maybe I was incoherent cos he didn't reply with his own answer until after lunch the next day: different. To want to be loved is a basic human desire, and is also a central idea in christianity, and the good news of it is that God loves, regardless of sinner or saint. That love is manifest in all kinds of love, sibling love, romantic love, parental love etc. Hence the longing for true love is in fact a longing for a fulfilment of the void with which we were created. That's a basic need of the human person as any other needs.

Basic need? Interesting.. I have neither sibling love nor romantic love, and parental love is not complete. How? I told him I have my Grams et al and my dear friends (like him and many of you..) but at the same time, I realise that no one is exclusive to me cos everyone has his own family and other friends too..

Oh, actually Meh is exclusive to me :) But am I exclusive to her? I think not.. Oops..

Question: must love be exclusive? If so, won't it get pretty boring isn't it? *Shrug*

Anyway heard something interesting on 933 after gym on Mon: Chongqing was reading his ex gf's confession to another guy! She's the head of some radio department while he's something similar in 958. She asked him to consider her. Wow, really admire her guts, on air leh!

Oh best, I just heard a friend got married last month! And she's 24! Man, sometimes I ask myself what the hell I'm doing now when my friends are slowly walking down the aisle.. Answer burst out of me a minute ago while conversing with a friend on MSN: I'm enjoying myself and I'm not willing to stop yet :)

At least I know Mother won't be rushing me to get married like hers does!

1 comment:

  1. I think i don't mean exclusive love but time and presence..

    ReplyDelete