Monday 7 February 2005

Spring-cleaning day!

Claimed off today, for Xmas (and Fri for NY, yay!) to clean out my wardrobe and a whole assortment of cabinets and draers from the living room to the two bedrooms to even the kitchen - I've decided to conveniently forget my stuff in the storeroom, no time!

So it happened that yesterday I was cleaning two of my most painful cabinets, the ones filled to the brim (seriously!) with the essence of my school years. Among the Oxford collection were some old letters and cards etc. I read all of them and made a quick decision: to dump those which had lost their significance.

As I dropped them into the black hole and slammed it shut, I realised I did it without any tinge of regret. Which made me think: am I heartless, am I bo chap or simply 拿得起, 放得下? Anyway, I thought, what's the point of holding on too much to the past unless the past still means something in the present? I'm at peace :)

Then there were other letters in the pile which I 舍不得扔. Friends from far and near wrote to me at their darkest hours, during my most brain-crushing terms, about friendships, about life, about literature. These, I carefully put away with my other precious from Oxford. They were mostly, in fact, all from two of my closest friends, Na and Kel.

Which reminds me.. Last Sat, Na and I were at MW again. Wasn't as fun as my birthday do; maybe we weren't high enough. So decided that we would no longer go play using 牙齿生日 as an excuse anymore :p But we did have a good, serious chat away from the din, everything was laid out on the table now, which also means that contents are strictly classified; let's just say we'll be great housemates when the day comes! :)

So, back to spring-cleaning..

After the Oxford stuff, I found an old envelope, big one. Remember what we used to do in school towards the end of all our graduation years, pri, sec, jc? Autographs! Pretty silly to think about it now actually, cos the people who had something to write would stay in contact even without writing anything! But of course there are exceptions. Like this friend whom I was close to in school. Somehow we lost contact over the years and no one seemed to feel the need to say hi again. His was at the back of everything cos it was an A4 jigsaw puzzle of a cat. I didn't read all he wrote but I saw this behind the backing: God must have spent a little more time on you! Really? Heh :p

Still have two more drawers to tidy up, and my bedside table. If I close one eye, I can leave one drawer alone; last time I opened it was at the last spring-cleaning.. Oops the moment I typed that, OCD-ish mf said I must clean. Ok ok but tomorrow la, cos I'm so tired now..

Oh, for the record, I did go to gym yesterday. Muscles aching now but I'm happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Gym-aholic!!! 掃除ですか?あたしね、今年は掃除しません。部屋ね、汚い!どしよかな?

    ReplyDelete