Sunday 27 February 2005

Hello, stranger

Wasn't about to log on today, cos I'm so totally engrossed in a book! But Na reminded me that I'm so going to forget all about it if I were to procrastinate any further. So, here goes "it"..

Watched "Closer" on Fri. Can't say I like it but I certainly do not dislike it and I can't help writing about it!

Oh, spoilers ahead, be warned.

First of all, Larry's a cocky bastard. At first I just thought he's a horny double-lived (aren't we all doing that? :p) doctor which was bored during shift work. Then all the shit questions he threw at Anna almost made me hate Owen but I did realise he's only playing Larry. And bastard or not, he's damn smart in manipulation and it seemed that he really loved Anna.

The other guy, Dan, was just weird. When he first appeared, I thought he was a very decent guy. But the very next scene, he was positively seducing Anna AND proclaiming he couldn't leave his gf Alice in almost the same breath. With Alice in the bathroom in the same place (actually smart girl was listening in) somemore. Then after failing to get Anna, he went back to Alice, like *snap* immediately. Damn confused guy if you ask me! And a bastard too, he hit Alice.

Anna loved Dan but married Larry and carried on her affair with Dan. Then after getting Larry to sign the divorce papers, she went back to him out of guilt. But hey, Larry ain't no saint; he had slept with Alice anyway!

The disturbing part was Alice. Jane, Alice - same. Her real name was Jane, revealed only at the end. This character totally disoriented me. She concealed her real name for four years from Dan. And she could, in a moment, tell Dan that she didn't love him anymore and that she's going to leave him. Then she left him. Alone, again, as at the start of the story. Maybe she was the saddest character of all. I didn't understand why she hid her own identity from even the one she supposedly loved so much.

Four lives entangled in a story on modern city life. Or is that really city life as I know it? Well, different cities and/or different lives, I guess.

My life. What is it actually? Recently, and for the record before this movie, I've decided I should review myself in an attempt to find out who I really am and what I really want. I always have this nagging suspicion that I'm concealing different parts of me from different people. Just wish to confirm or disprove this little theory. See how.

2 comments:

  1. Normally, I wun comment. But man, I gotta say something about this show! I like the theme song a lot! I think it's different and cool ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. あたしね、全全わからない。とてもconfusing です。

    ReplyDelete