Monday 24 January 2005

Brain food

I was at Jo's place baking cookies last Fri. Actually they baked, I was utilising only eye power while chatting away. Before I continue, the cookies are lovely. I'll say they were lovely tomorrow, I think..

Right, so I was at her place, and I marvelled at her huge book shelf. Which was filled, by the way, top to bottom, no space spared. Sometimes I wish I have a huge book shelf stacked with my favourites. But no space to put, no money to buy, no time to read, bah!

But that day, I could not resist it. I have not been reading for a long time, even leisurely. For the longest time, I was telling myself to get my ass to NLB for some brain food but well, meeting friends etc always took precedence. That day, I met friends, AND borrowed three books from Jo :)

I've been reading "Da Vinci's Code" for the past couple of days, almost finishing, since I didn't go out much last weekend. But I realised something today. My eyes have been hurting. Maybe I read too late into the night over the weekend. No longer used to reading at night. I remember reading Louis Cha overnight when in JC. And many others by Jeffrey Archer, Zhang Xiao Xian, David Eddings, Orson Scott Card, Danielle Steele, Agatha Christie, and even the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series (those in primary school la)!

Boy, I feel like continuing with my book as I write, I think I'll leave office now.. Suddenly there's something better than blogging!

Oh but I'll be back la, I'm too long-winded already, must write :p

1 comment:

  1. OOooO I read The Count of Monte Cristo recently! Not too bad a book, but going to return it already. You think reading a hard copy is hard on your eyes? You should try reading a softo copy on a palm top. That is an eyesore. Friday most prob not. Inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete