Friday 14 January 2005

My html sucks!

Was trying to figure out how to add a stats counter on my blog. The idiot-proof guide wasn't that idiot-proof. Unless, of course, unless I were worse than an idiot.

But dumbita wasn't about to give up! Took me a while to realise that I have to generate a html code and stick it into my blog template. Then the question is, where about in the template html??! I was glad that I understood the concept of trial and error in school man.. I soon managed to put in the counter where I wanted it to be. And of course, thanks too to that Chinese project in which we had to create a webpage for some Chinese festival. Remember that, SY? :)

Next is the format of the counter. Very smart, this thing. I can control that from outside the html crap! Just go to my account at
StatCounter :) It was difficult tuning the colour to match my template but ultimately I got a nice enough match and let it go at that, can't be bothered anymore..

But the number alone, quite lonely, not? So I tested my html skills (again!) by copying some html text elsewhere for all the <> things, change the words and ta da! I've got the words right next to the numbers *smug*

Problem: Colour doesn't go with my template.. Hmm, can't make it match.. I think I'll have to learn a bit more html.. For now, I'm happy just to see the numbers jumping - it went from zero to four in 5min! And no, I didn't log my own visits.. Again, smart system, smarter than moi anyway :p

4 comments:

  1. now that you remind me, i seem to recall that we did smthg lidat... was it in college? or sec skool? sigh, age must be catching up on me. and how did we eva manage thos html codes then?!?!!??! i bet we copied the < > stuff from somewhere =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff! I must pick up HTML too, but first, 私の日本語は大変悪いです!! I must learn it again ... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes in JC, it was Xie Ri Shan lao shi who's very on in this IT thing, remember? Think there were TPL and this girl from s10, can't remember her name now :p And I think we were doing some XY Jie, the characters X and Y very similar one, what pen2 or lan2 or something!! Did like siao la but hey it came in useful afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't you do html? How did you manage all the links etc on your blog then?

    Well, your sentence made grammatical sense and I understood it! Have to slowly pick up la, I'm revising on the bus whenever I'm carrying a big bag to work :p

    ReplyDelete