Monday 17 January 2005

Rocher VS diet? Rocher :)

I'm quite pissed this morning. Think my brother YQ combined with my OCD will drive me nuts one day. The whole basin area was infected with his germs from his giant sneezes and random blowing of his elephant nose! And I realised that he'll continue to be disgusting even when I'm safely in my utility room*. Did I mention he's also a pig? His mobile alarm went off early in the morning before 7am. He didn't snooze it, he didn't stop it, he just let it go on and on until it woke ME up. And he's still sleeping! #&£$%#!@@ Hell I need to work one ok! If you want to set an alarm, wake up when you hear it for goodness' sake! At least have the decency to snooze it asap if you want to steal another five. I hate alarm sounds, clock, mobile whatever, they get on my nerves and bite into my very being =(

* Polling ends today, I think. The guys at the polling centre told me results should be out in a week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If it doesn't go through, I'll start to plan to move out for good. Much rather have my sanity than my savings.

Felt slightly better when I reached office, despite the irritating rain which reminded me of persistent British rain.

Tatty Angel, courtesy of Kel, is looking at me with teardrop eyes. Is she just being sweet, or is she pitying me for all the things I have to do, outside of work?

Chinatown light-up was officially opened last weekend and CNY is three weeks away. The planned launch of my spring cleaning on Fri night wasn't successful; started cleaning only Sat morning. I tore up my satin dress for NJ prom - ok, graduation party in the hall - and used it to clean my satin dancing heels cos other materials didn't work quite well. Anyway I've been wearing that dress as nightwear for the past few years. Can't imagine I actually dared to wear that super short dress with 10cm high slits when I was 18!

So I cleaned out some 20squared-cm of grime from my shoes and a big drawer of clothes in about three hours. Dumped a lot of old clothes, transferred a lot of seldom worn stuff to the cold palace where they'll wait until I get my room-length wardrobe, pending the upgrading or my otherwise imminent rented room. More cleaning waits for me tonight.. Must also remember to air my new army green bag - Kok said it's like his duffel bag, only twice as expensive - cos the material stinks!

Anyway it's lunch time and I'm not eating with my colleagues. I'm supposed to be on some fruits and wholegrain detox diet, a modified version of the watermelon-only diet recommended by Yoga, cos can you imagine me lugging a watermelon to work for three days?! Not to mention the effect on my bowel movements.. But this morning in my sulky state, I forgot and spread peanut butter on wholemeal bread! Well, at least it's not white bread..

In case you're wondering, peanut butter is so not allowed in a fruits and wholegrain diet.

Lunch menu should be honey tomatoes (which I just gobbled down) and two slices of wholemeal bread. Only. But some kind soul put a box of Rochers in the pantry.. How? Mouth said, "Eat la!"

*The desks and chairs witnessed mf walking proudly to the pantry, and skipping back to her desk happier, Rocher (one only) in hand*

Yes I'm having a Rocher now. I usually prefer silver but gold is very appealing when it contains cocao :)

Since my diet is now modified beyond recognition (that it is a detox plan), I might as well have another Rocher. Heck, throw in some nuts and other chocolate in the pantry too! Oh so sinful! (But I love it! :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment