Thursday 20 January 2005

"Erm, hi?"

Hmmm.. Just got a call from colleague A to ring colleague B to ask about the data that we are requesting from B's office. Supposed to reach us end of today. A said B might not respond very well to him, thought a female approach might work better. Or something like that.

What do I say? Laughed lor! But inside I went "KAO!"

Just realised that I'm the only female AND junior officer working on this thing, dealing with both trivial coordination as well as mind boggling numbers in an excel spreadsheet which, it seems, only I could understand. And hey, actually B never sounded very friendly, so I doubt A's ploy in getting me to call would actually work! Female charm, ya right..

Seriously I hate calling people, like I'm disturbing them from their work by rushing them. But of course, I'm rushing them; timeline very tight =( I'd rather people call me. But I'm rushing them, no reason why they should want to call me right.. Very sian, it's about time to call B already. Have to sound confident and not guilty from the sinfully delicious chocolate coated donut a minute ago..

~ 15min later..

Could reach neither B nor his colleague on phone. But they replied to my email saying they couldn't complete the request today. So mf is leaving now! :)

Psst, I need not feel *too* guilty over that donut - I can jog already! Tomorrow morning! *Wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment