Wednesday 26 January 2005

Starry starry night

It's difficult to focus when there are a trillion thoughts flying through my mind. Like now. Let me try to concentrate on the past couple of hours..

I'm happy. Just back from two hours of quickstep and waltz. The high from sweeping across the ballroom* is still feeding me like a drug, an addiction.

* Dancefloor la, but feels like a ballroom :)

Music Diary was on as I strolled back from the MRT station. It's been a long time. Not too sure of the story but Ling Zhi's voice was soothing, as always. I suddenly remembered the stars I saw last night on the way back. So I looked up.

Zilch. Well, almost. But no =( cos I was still feeling :)

Sky was very bright, a very pretty electric blue. I could only see a couple of very bright stars. They could be satelites - I can never tell them apart - but I happily believed they were stars, peeping down on little mf who was snaking around cos she couldn't walk straight with her eyes at the sky :p

But where was Orion? I saw Orion's Belt so clearly last night..

It was only when I reached the end of the road that I realised: I walked the same lane last night yes, but at a different time! So it must be a bit higher up.. Scanning the sky some 40degrees up..

Orion's Belt :)

Contented, I smiled, made a little turn on the streets and pranced left towards my block. And the full moon shone right into my eyes. No wonder so bright la!

Seldom see stars in SG skies cos it's usually too bright. And I'm usually rushing through the streets without so much of an upward glance. But tonight I feel light :) And I recall all the stars I saw in Oxford, on the path with the hidden sharks* leading to Jens's house. Realise I've never seen the North Dipper in SG. Hmmm..

* Maybe someday I'll come back to the scary sharks..

No comments:

Post a Comment