Sunday 9 January 2005

Happy Birthday to mf! :)

Woke at 9am with a giant thirst. Had half a bottle of mineral water and dashed back to bed before Mother could holler at me; she wasn't very pleased when she saw me return in the wee hours.. But it was too bright already, I could no longer go back to sleep, shit.. Pretended to be asleep until she left for the market.

Slept immediately in my party clothes when I got back, complete with make-up. Totally mortified when I saw myself in the mirror.

YOU MEAN I LEFT MW LOOKING LIKE THAT?!

Sighs.. I pretended I never looked into mirror and went straight to shower. That's where I slowly realised I remember everything from last night, sans minute details maybe but I didn't forget like previously lor. Hence..

CONCLUSION: mf forgets when sleepy; mf remembers if only intoxicated. I was intoxicated. Think it's more fun than being sleepy. Pls don't space out my drinks :p

We started with dinner at this Japanese place called En or something, cos Cafe Cartel at MS was no more, d'oh! It was damn ex! CY and I shared this tofu steak which cost $8. When it arrived at a hotplate, I could only stare: it's a freaking agedashi tofu-sized tofu with four bits of vege around it lor! Took a picture of the last small piece of tofu cos I realised its staggering estimated cost: one buck.

We chatted in little groups mostly, too many of us at a big table and they are friends from everywhere: primary school, JC, OBS. Sort of invited all whom I usually meet up with to cele with me. Very happy they shang-ed lian.. Thanks :)

There were eight of us but only Na, Sito and I went on to MW. They got me a waterfall (almost called it fountain but Na just corrected me :p), a bit scary cos was rather close to the fire; straw wasn't very long lor! It was fun but it tasted like toothpaste to me. I don't like toothpaste.

But I do use toothpaste if anyone's ever in doubt!

To cut the long story short - I'm lazy; go see Na's blog for details. However, I'm not at liberty to disclose addy so, go find it yourself! :p

Ewe! I just blurped 12hour-old alcohol, yeeks!

Yes to cut it short, we were dancing to retro - last I did that was at a bop in third year; that's 2-3 years ago gosh! Along the way Uncle joined us, Na's ex-friend's uncle :p Btw I can't remember his face but think he looks like Kang Kang, or was it No No?!! Jia lat, me.. And there was Stranger-at-the-counter, Stranger henceforth, whom Na acquainted I think. He sent me back but I didn't know his name, in fact I don't even remember his face now! Best, they actually let Stranger, a stranger, sent me back! I think they must be quite gone as well - I wasn't alone! :p

Anyway, the dancing was fantastic! There were poles where we were and I staked my claim on one, to dance around it and for support cos my balance became crappier with every drink I took. Incidentally, I was just telling Mother Sat afternoon that I wanted to learn pole dancing :p Of cos she didn't understand pole dancing; she doesn't know English and the Mandarin equivalent slipped my mind. But MZ translated for me and there was the usual "Aiyer!", "Hiao ah!" etc. I couldn't be bothered man.

My index finger is swollen.. Na accidentally caught it on toilet door. I think I sobered a bit due to the pain. Then I happened to pick up mobile. Guess what, it's my father. First time that he wished me happy birthday in 25 years, how cool hur.. I downed a couple more shots but hell I still remember the phonecall today, sucks.

...

Happier stuff, happier stuff! Na just finished blogging and I just read it, so funny! Apparently she chased after my cab cos I forgot my bag! D'oh, I didn't see that, must be funny! Though I was feeling like shit. I think I lost steam on stage - was it a stage? - and we sat at some couch for a while. They all thought I was gonna puke but hell, no I was just freaking bloated. And couldn't really speak. Couldn't bother to explain when feeling bloated. I'm still feeling pretty bloated though much less than before, alcohol still fermenting in me *bleah*

Oh I remember thinking that Sito looked sinister.. Just confirmed with photos that he's wearing the same shirt as Halloween 2004. Little wonder :p Which reminds me, Na revealed: Stranger has a name - Lucifer - but I'll still call him Stranger..

Both Na and Sito told me just now that she scolded him for letting me drink so much. Actually more like I let myself go this time; no one can make me drink unless I want to, ok..

Oh suddenly remembered that at some point, I told someone I wasn't a little puppy/dog; I was a bitch. Don't wish to go into the origins of that sentence.. And Na just confirmed that I made that a public statement. Oops..

So, that's my birthday cele; I'm 25! And hey, I don't feel that I'm "getting older" this birthday. In fact I feel good that I'm one year older. Don't really understand why yet but I thought that's a good thing, perhaps I'm becoming more accepting of myself? Not sure.. This is also, I would say, an interesting one cos normally I'm not very enthusiastic about celebrating my birthdays in a big way - hell, it's just a birthday and mother was in pain this day many years ago! Maybe next year I'll revert to my quiet birthday. See how :p

Ok! I got the difficult one out of the way so let me go on to my other celes..

Division had our monthly cele for Jan babies on Thurs afternoon. The cake was yummy! And I received my Stefanie Sun's "armpit album*", a lovely bag and a sheer top (which, btw, could not top the sheer red briefs Joyce got for HK dor Xmas gift exchange!) that Joyce chose for me. She's always the one doing the presents, must be difficult.. But so nice right? Thanks, woman-who's-scared-of-mf-being-too-close :)

* One day at lunch in the pantry, Joyce called from outside; she was buying the requested album. She asked if the album name was just "Stefanie". I told her that it's the one showing her armpit - and everyone looked at me! True what, she is showing her hairless left armpit on the front cover :p Best was when Joyce told me that the shop assistant knew exactly which album she was talking about the moment she mentioned Stefanie's armpit!!!

Later in the evening, CY and I went for Italian before "Meet the Fockers". It was so funny! I think it's better than "Meet the Parents", which almost bored me to sleep in the theatre. And oh, I like Ben Stiller, he's cute in, erm, a cute way :p Anyway, dinner was fun and I updated her the good (lost weight - confirmed!), the neutral (shall not elaborate..) and the bad (too sian to say more!) of my life in the one month I didn't see her. Gosh I didn't realise we didn't meet up for so long! Our timings kept clashing I think.. She said a colleague kept thinking she and an uncle-level colleague had something. Uncle-level = 40 plus leh! CY is pretty enough to get better than that lor.. Oh don't know what the guys at dinner last night think of her and what she thinks of them.. *wink* I'll go ask them later :p

I went back to TTSH for the skin prick test Fri morning. Yes the cockroach mix thing, ewe.. The nurse drew markings on both my arms and dripped 16 tiny drops of allergens and controls between the lines. Was thinking, "Huh, that's it?" when she took out a pack of needles and started to prick my delicate forearms through the allergen drops! I saw tiny blood spots =( Can still see three red dots on forearms.. I endured the itch for 15minutes before she checked the swelling and wiped everything off to apply anti-itch cream on me. Actually, worse was the wait to see the doctor - one full hour! What's the point of making appointments if they cannot keep to the timings?! I spent a total of 3hours and 15min at the freaking place, including getting medicine which alone took 30min. I was hungry and pissed when I left at 130pm =(

Just now I lifted my arms to look at them. Pain in biceps. Must be from grabbing the pole too much last night. It's time to resume my Amore classes man..

On a whim, I decided to go to the Levis store at Raffls City to check out their low cut jeans. But I was sorely disappointed! THEY DO NOT CARRY THAT LABEL BEYOND SIZE 29 IN SG! I wasn't interested in other labels so I left. Spent less than 30min at City Hall, wasted my bus/mrt money, bah!

Since I'm at shopping, allow me to skip to Sat morning.. I woke at 730am to reach Creative Tours at opening time, wanted to beat the queues :p Got tickets for Japan/SF but I'm on waiting list for JAL. In case it doesn't work out, the nice lady put me on ANA as well :) Met Na in town to buy things (read: not just shopping aimlessly). We were shopping like men: we zoomed in on specific items. Spent close to $200 combined in Isetan just on cosmetics but it was mainly Na's purchases, heng! :p I bought only the marshmallow powder from Ettusais; I want my face to be smoother than it already is.. Yes my complexion can be better. Be jealous. Haha!

Next on the list were my trousers. Went to Heeren to get that pair of black trousers. This time I tried it with my highest pair of heels, boleh! :) So I got it. And I bought that pair of jeans I eyed at FNT too. Wore the black one last night; will keep the other for CNY.

Ok ok, back to Friday..

After the disappointing jeans episode, I went back to where surprises were lurking. Mother walked in with this army-green towel held to her chest, in a funny posture, and said, I must translate, "Tomorrow your birthday.. Nah, this one give you!" And she threw it to me. At me. I was like, Mother gave me birthday present? Erm, towel?! Then she explained that it's supposed to be super high absorbent one; she asked YQ to help her buy. Happy! I've always wanted to get such a towel for my hair, good for backpacking too :) Then, then comes the "YOU AH! ALWAYS GO TO SLEEP WITH WET HAIR, WAIT NEXT TIME TOU HONG THEN YOU KNOW HOW TO DIE! LAST TIME MY AH KIM LIKE THAT LOR THEN NOW SO MANY YEARS TOU HONG STILL CANNOT BE CURED!"

Gaaaaa! =(

Second surprise didn't come with a howler: it was a bouquet of eight peach roses from YX, just cos I said I haven't had flowers for a long time! I was so happy! Thanks, Ahmah! :) I took pictures with and of the roses, for something to keep even after they're dead. But I intend to dry them properly and replace the old petals I kept in a pretty box some years ago. Make a nice decor item for my future room.

After prancing around the roses for a while, I went to Kewei's place for drinks; he had a riesling to share. I'm no connoisseur but I thought it was one of the best wines I've ever had! The last time I took to a wine was the red I got from Cornell, which I've not managed to find elsewhere. Anyway I forgot the name already. But I'm the kind who gets sleepy on wine, especially when I had only a bowl of soup for dinner - Mother fed me soup before I ate anything and I became full and refused to eat. The poor guy was looking pretty stoned from work and lack of sleep but he drank with me - in fact he drank most of the bottle cos I cmi - until past midnight anyway. Then, yet another surprise of the night: he dished out a vase of white tulips, for me! Ahhh! White tulips, mf's favourites! Thanks man :) What a stroke of luck, cos he didn't know I like white tulips. But he knew my obssesion with prime numbers; there were 11 tulips :p Took pictures of tulips too; I like to take pictures :)

After writing such a long story, tummy is happier now. Should get my ass out of the house before it gets too late. Want to watch the Bao Gong show at Grams' place. Next blog might be a more serious one. Have some thoughts I want to articulate but still a bit scattered so kiv la!

1 comment:

  1. so messY! aiyohz mf is still seh man...

    ReplyDelete