Wednesday 12 January 2005

I found my Wu Qi Long bookmark!

There's going to be this charity bazaar going on this weekend somewhere and Chris was asking around office if we had anything to donate for sale. I was digging through my little pile of books last night when I struck gold: a bookmark of Nicky Wu in "The Giant Book of Classic Thrillers"*!

* I used to love thrillers! My primary book prizes (for Best in English and 3rd in Class 6A) all made my hair stand. Now I decide I want to get rid of them. Kept only the 3rd in Class prize cos it's got my lovely name in it..

Gosh I had forgotten that I had such a bookmark! Very reminiscent of the early 1990s when the wholesome trio Xiao Hu Dui disbanded and each member went solo. I'm remember that I liked Nicky Wu very much cos at the time he was really cool! BUt now, eh, how shall I put it.. He's no longer my kind of idol? :p

Shall pin up the bookmark at my workstation for a while, then I'll keep it among my treasures from the past, heh!

Some people from that era stay the same, which is bad cos times have changed. Of the Four Heavenly Kings Jr, only Su You Peng can make it, but if only he'll stop changing his English name.. The original Four Heavenly Kings, however, they are timeless man! Though I don't like Leon Lai for various reasons.. I like that Aaron Kwok has morphed into Prince Charming from bubble gum pop, and thank god he no longer sports that irritating DUi Ni Ai Bu Wan hairstyle!

Whatever, we're still singing Dui Ni Ai Bu Wan in KTV, complete with hand movements during chorus :p

With the so many new singers popping up in the entz scene, I wonder who'll be long-lived enough for me to comment that they are timeless in ten years' time.. I'm going to a performance by Huang Shu Jun next month. He is timeless. So is Zhang Yu Sheng but he's dead, unfortunately. And people like Beyond (where are they?), Cyndi Chao, Emil Chau, Faye Wong, Harlem, Jeff Chang (though I prefer his earlier works), Kit Chan, Li Du, Na Ying, Phil Chang, Qi Yu, Sally Yeh, Sammi Cheng, Sandy Lam, Shirley Kwan, Tracy Huang, Ukelele (disbanded), Wan Fang, Sylvia Chang, A-Mei.. Wow so many.. And I haven't even gone into the xin yao people like Liang Wen Fu, Hong Shao Xuan, Yan Li Ming, names which are so familiar and warm to the heart cos of the songs they wrote/sang.

I shall go pick out my old songs to keep me company again, in a state of reminiscence already..

No comments:

Post a Comment